Tuesday, September 4, 2012

White Blood Cells (Chemo 4: Day 8)

White Blood Cells (WBC)...something one doesn't think about often, but they are sooooo nice to have.  They are keeping me out of the hospital during these last few treatments.  I had my Neulasta shot last Thursday and haven't thought twice about it until last night.  Yes, I've been taking my 24 hour Claritin everyday to help with the bone pain, but other than that I forgot about the possibility of the "bone pain experience".  The Claritin helps, but doesn't take it away.  

I couldn't keep my eyes open last night...still feeling bad yesterday and being short of breath if I just walk across the house.  So, I went to bed early.  I had my normal night of hot flashes and didn't sleep well.  Then, woke up at about 4am with the bone pain.  Ugh!  It is so bad.  Don't get me wrong....I'm happy that my body is creating WBC's....but, boy, is it PAINFUL!  

Be thankful for your WBC's and that you aren't feeling them being created.  I'm trying to find a position where I'm not in pain and try to lay like that for as long as I can.  The slightest move and it feels like my spine and hips are being torn out of my body.

This was my last chemo!!!  I won't have to go through this again.  PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment