Monday, September 10, 2012

Chemo #4 Day 14: Started back to work

Today was a great day.  I started back to work!  Yay!  I've really missed my team.  I was a little scared that it was going to be hard after so many weeks off of work, but it was really great to feel like my old self again.   I am still a little slow brain-wise, but I'm sure it will all come back to me little by little.  I hope!  I didn't sleep well last night (about 4-5 hours) because I was so anxious about today.  Hopefully, I will sleep better tonight.  Today was the first day in 2 weeks I haven't taken a nap...so I should sleep well tonight (between the hot flashes).

Kevan and I went for a walk after work today.  I was able to walk about 1.5 miles and I had to go up a hill which was a little hard for me, but it felt great to do it.  I'm going to try to start walking everyday.  I also started a little mini-diet to see if I can get back in shape and lose a few pounds.  I didn't want to go on a full fledged diet since my body is still healing...so it is just a "mini" one.  lol!  I REALLY want to get back to my pre-surgery weight...maybe a little less.  I'm really praying for God's help.

Below is a picture of my arm.  It actually looks a little better today.   You can't see in the picture, but the skin is red too and it burns and hurts.   A couple days after my chemo my arm started to burn like it does when I'm having my chemo IV.  Then, a few days after that little red blotches were appearing.  Now, it just looks like I have acne on my arm and little parts of skin are peeling.  I called the doctor last week and the nurse told me that this can happen with Taxotere.  It has "leaked" from my veins and caused the skin to burn.  If I take a bath or shower it hurts pretty bad when it hits the water.  They told me to put hydro-cortisone cream on it.  I guess it will go away eventually.  I tried to research it online, but haven't found anything on it.  If you've had Taxotere and went through this as well will you please comment your experience?  I'm hoping it is done spreading and will now be going away.  REMEMBER - if you have to have chemo....GET A PORT!


I know it's a bad pic, but it is hard to take a pic one handed.
Well....I'm feeling a bit normal today.  If I didn't look in the mirror and see my round face and bald head....I might actually forget that I just had chemo.  It's been a blessed day! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these updates on your blog. I know it will be uplifting to someone who will one day be facing a similar struggle and they can see that there has been someone else who has been down this road and left some directions. God has blessed us by allowing us to have you and Kevan for friends.

    Willie

    ReplyDelete