Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Leaving for the Hospital

I slept great last night.  I woke up about 4:45 and went ahead and got up.  It is hard to stay away from my Keurig this morning.  I WANT COFFEE, but I am not allowed to eat or drink anything.  I'm already starving and my surgery isn't until 2:30pm.  Ugh!

Now that I was up so early I didn't really know what to do with myself.  I can't wear makeup or contacts so that was going to save me a lot of time this morning.  So, I washed and sliced some strawberries that I didn't want to go bad while we were gone and then used the foodsaver to put them in freezer packs.  I know.  I'm strange.  lol!  Then, I washed my bathtub since I won't be able to use for about 6 weeks and I'm the only one that uses it.  Also, I won't be able to use my arms well and I didn't want a dirty tub for several weeks.  :o)

I'm all showered and ready.  I had to use an anti-bacterial scrub on my body this morning that the hospital gave me.  It is to prevent infection.  It smells like a hospital.  Even Kevan noticed it.  I should've shopped for some new eye glasses.  Mine are about 11 years old and I hate wearing them because they are off kilter a bit and are full of scratches.  Normally, it isn't an issue because I only wear them at night, but now that I can't wear contacts I've realized how much they annoy me.  Oh well.

We will be leaving for the hospital in a few minutes.  I'm all ready to go...just waiting on everyone else.  It is about a 2 hour drive (with traffic) to the hospital.  I just have to apply my "numbing cream" before we leave.  This is so that when they inject the tracer material into both breasts, for my sentinel node biopsy, it doesn't hurt.  My doctor said it can be pretty painful and unfortunately....I will be awake for it. [Update - the doctor was right.  It was VERY painful...even with the numbing cream.  The pain only lasts a few seconds so I just prayed through it and God helped me.  I did end up crying, but I think it was just all of my emotions of getting ready for surgery too.]

Thanks again everyone for your prayers.  I am so calm this morning and I slept so good last night that I know that God is answering them.  I love you all.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

Psalm 27:4-5 - One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you... Thankful to God who has the power to give you the peace that passes all understanding!

    ReplyDelete