Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Blessed Day!

This post was written earlier in the day....so even thought it sounds "live" it was about 4 in the afternoon.  

Do you remember my previous post and how I stated that Sunday was a day blessed by God? Well, it was so true for me today! Oh, how wonderful He is to me.  He gives me so many blessings....to someone who doesn't deserve it. I can't count them all! 

This morning I wasn't sure I wanted to go to church. I've been having nerve pain in my left arm that is excruciating and the over the counter pain killers are not cutting it. The doctor said that pain like that is the nerve(s) growing back.  But, I pushed on and went to church anyway. I had to keep maneuvering my arm during Sunday school and service so that it would hurt a little less. I'm sure I looked pretty funny.  But, no matter how much I moved it, I was still in pretty bad pain. Then, miraculously in the middle of service it went away and I haven't felt it since. I feel as though someone had prayed for me then, realizing I was in pain, and God graciously answered their prayer for me. Thank you if you are reading this and that was you. If it wasn't someone's prayer (but mine because I was praying it over and over), then it was still God that healed me.  :o)  Also, I have not had much tissue expander pain since then either. Well, until I forgot my next dose of pain meds. But, I am feeling good again. 

I am at my father in law's farm today.  Kevan brought my zero gravity chair over so I could relax and read my kindle and enjoy the outside.  He even filled up a cooler of ice and Gatorade for me in case I needed it.  He's sweet like that.  :o)


Here is the view from my chair.  The cows are cooling off in the pond and little calves were running around.  You should be jealous.  I am, I wish I lived there every day.


If you have to have breast cancer (or any illness) this is the perfect place to sit and recuperate. My Father-in-law is soooooo blessed that this is his front yard.  

Nature is all around you. Blessing upon blessing. I love it here. I sat and watched the calves play together and then run over to their mamma's for milk. Many birds chirped nearby and I wish I knew the song of each so I would know what type of bird each one was. I am ignorant when it comes to the different songs. A mockingbird is sitting on a fence post nearby. The beauty here reminds me of what heaven will be like but so much better.  Minus, the bugs, and other bad things....but filled with such beauty....and so much more. God's creation is amazing. 

The day lilies are blooming. The breeze is cooling me on this hot day and I am the perfect temperature. Even Bear, the farm dog sits nearby keeping me company.


I see my husband in the distance helping my FIL "bush hog". Since we hope to live here one day or bush hog our own property he needs to practice.  lol.  Yes, that is my FIL taking a ride on the back.


Up on this hill is where Kevan and I dream we will build a house one day.  I pray it is a dream that is God's will one day for us.  I really dream of this being my front  yard one day.


After awhile my FIL banged the peanut bucket to call the donkeys.  They love peanuts.  The donkeys and the horse are my favorites.   I love the cows too, but they are so big it is kind of scary when they run up to you.


Look at her ears.  Aren't they adorable?  L-O-V-E!!


Toward the end of the day Kevan brought the tractor in.  A "lever" of some kind had fallen off of it while he was bush hogging.  It was about 6 or 7 inches long.  Kind of looks like a screwdriver.  It would be like finding a needle in a haystack.  My FIL owns 80 acres!  So, we prayed and then as we walked around looking for it in the pasture (I'm supposed to be walking a little now to get a little more exercise) we found it.  It was amazing because it was so camouflaged in the grass and it really didn't take that long.  Thank you Lord for answering our prayer and helping my FIL see the lever in the grass.

My pectoral muscles started stiffening back up around 7pm so we decided to head home.  So, that is how I spent my wonderful blessed day.  It was a great day.  I pray I am on the road to feeling a lot better.  We will see what tomorrow brings.

"He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains. They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work. He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate-bringing forth food from the earth." - Psalm 104:10-14

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to tell them about the wonderful and challenging discussion in Sunday School... and about how Satan made you late. It was a great day of renewal at my place also, we had precious time together to walk and relax without demands being made on our time. I am so glad you had a good day.

    wdb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SOOO much for sharing your day in paradise!! I call something like that paradise because of the natural beauty, including the healing ministry of God's beautiful animals. I'm fully aware that Dante would LOVE to have a donkey (and I already have a name picked out for it [Isaac--sounds sturdy in some sort of way]), but I haven't shared that with him yet--probably the ONLY secret I have from him. Know that God DOES give you the desires of your heart, and he answers prayers immediately, according to the Bible. It's the enemy who does all he can to run interference and block or delay the manifestation of that answer. Right now, in Jesus' name, believing and receiving the gift of a wonderful, hearts'-desire home on that piece of property. We call it into existence now, and we rebuke ANY hinderance from Satan on this--get under our feet, in Jesus' name.

    Jayde, take one of your favorite pictures (perhaps the view you liked the best), and tape it up on your refrigerator--claim it as yours every day. That's what we did when we started looking for property in TN. The first picture I hung wasn't the one--but a BETTER one came along that was--and, HERE WE ARE!!--with wonderful friends like you, Kevan, and the rest of our church family. He does mighty things!!! Love and a beautiful day to you, JOY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great view. I've never lived on a farm but we used to visit our "country cousins" often when I lived in Georgia. They had a 20,000 chicken egg farm, cows, horses, pigs... lots of fun for us (hard work for my cousins). I've never heard of a zero-gravity chair.

    ReplyDelete