Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Great Pathology Report

I had my post-op visit with my oncological surgeon (the one that did the mastectomy and biopsies).  He is such a great doctor.  He always seems so caring.  I love going to see him.  I know this sounds odd since he is the one that told me I had cancer, but it is true.  He went over all of the information they gathered from my surgical pathology reports (tissue that was removed, lymph nodes, etc).  He confirmed that I had 3 lymph nodes removed from the right side and 2 lymph nodes from the left side.  All 5 were CANCER FREE!  YAY!  (Praise God Who Answers Prayers!) 

The next great thing is that the area in my left breast that showed up in the PET scan as cancer was actually a "focal radial scar" that was benign.  Not cancer!  So, I did NOT have bilateral cancer, but ONLY cancer in my right breast.  (Praise God Who is Merciful). I am so glad.  It just seems so much better to only have had it on one side.

So, with the right breast it was just confirmed that I did have invasive ductal carcinoma, Stage 1 (PRAISE GOD), Grade II/III (aggressiveness) and the tumor was 1.7cm.  He had to take enough tissue to get clear margins and it was "close" near where the cancer was found so he took more surrounding tissue in order to get clear margins.  BUT, he DID get clear margins (Praise God Who Heals). I do have a little "sunk in" spot there now because he had to take so much, but they will be able to fix it in my final reconstruction.

He also looked at my "N's" and thought they looked ok.  He said he thinks everything will work out great for me.  Ever since I asked for prayer yesterday (for my N's) I've had very sharp pains in both "N's" and that means that is nerve pain or pain from blood flow.  Which is wonderful.  I'll take it!  If they are hurting that means there has to be nerves and blood flow.  Right?

I wanted to post a picture of my cute polka dot pants that I wore to my appointments today but Kevan forgot to take a picture and he already left for church.  My mother-in-law bought them for me so I would be comfy and gave them to me last night.  I love them and I even received a compliment today from one of the nurses.  :o)

I was able to take a shower by myself today.  Another praise!  Kevan stayed in the bathroom just in case I needed him.  I couldn't lift my arms high enough to wash my hair so I just wore a hat today, but I was able to do everything else.  Which felt great to do something myself and not need help.  I'm supposed to do exercises and should be able to lift my arms high enough to wash my hair, but I am having a hard time with the exercises.  They hurt!!!  So, of course I don't look forward to it.  Kevan really has to remind me because I try my hardest to forget.  I know.  Not good.  I really need to do them.

I would like to sing praises of thanksgiving....but I was not born with a good singing voice so I will post a video....



6 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!! What wonderful news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Jayde!!! We are still praying for you and Kevan as well as your families. Your courage and strength is truly amazing!! Keep up your great attitude and you will be through this before you know it. Hang in there girl!! We love you!! Jackie and Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I am so happy and glad to know that our prayers are working.. Praying to god that you feel like exercising, and excise every day from now on, so then you can lift your arms high up to give us all a big High5!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayde, don't be afraid to sing praise/worship songs in front of anyone--no matter what we hear, GOD hears it as a perfect voice!!! So overjoyed to hear all the gifts from God (updates) posted here. Continued prayers and love, JOY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayde. Our paths crossed the day we went to the cancer class and pre-admitted to the hospital. I spoke to your husband while you were there. Our surgery was the same day. I too am praising God for answering prayer. Five lymph nodes and no cancer!!! God is so good. Mine is also stage I, (III and III). Your journey as mine will be long but God is in control and will be with us. Just from your journel I know that you are an amazing young lady with great faith in the Great Physician. I will continue to pray for you and ask that you do the same for me.

    A sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayde, What a wonderful praise worthy post-operative report! Laus Deo! I have 3 churches praying for you. I hope you are truly finding a peace that surpasses understanding in all you are going through. Thank you for keeping us updated. I look forward to your blog posts. I just had my mammogram done 2 weeks ago and am waiting on the results. They have sent for my previous ones at Fish Hospital in Florida to do a proper evaluation. I am going on Monday for a colonoscopy, so I would covet your and Kevan's prayers for that. My mother has had polyps removed several times, therefore I am a little concerned, but I am not worried. SDG! Keep us updated and DO YOUR EXERCISES!!!!! Love, Lory and Greg (and Ashley - home from nursing school for the summer)

    ReplyDelete